An hour and half away from Shimla is Narkanda, the oldest ski destination in the country. Still untouched, still virgin, and devoid of the usual tourist clutter, Narkanda is enveloped in snow in January and February. A versatile terrain makes it a good bet for skiing enthusiasts; it has gentle slopes, as well as tougher curves and gradients for the more experienced skiers. This time of the year special skiing courses are organized by the Himachal tourism. Also known for apple, it’s a good idea to check into V Resorts Narkanda, cradled in a valley, and overlooking the Churdhar Himalayan range, sample the famed local apple wine, and relax in the wood and warm interiors. After a hard day at the slopes.
- Accommodation in a ski resort overlooking a beautiful valley and snow capped mountains
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Skiing guide
- Skiing kit (if you’re not carrying your own)
- In-house activities (Burma bridge, tree climbing, rock climbing, chess, carom, ludo, cards etc)
Arrive at V Resorts Narkanda by 3Pm and start your stay sipping a hot cup of herbal tea made from herbs and spices indigenous to the region.
Relax for some time and enjoy our leisure games while some yummy snacks gets served in your rooms.
In the evening warm your hands and feet by sitting beside a roaring bonfire underneath a starry night while savouring some smoky delights prepared with some 7-8 kinds of marinades right in front of you in a live grill.
For dinner sample the best of our Resort’s continental culinary talent which includes soups, breads, boiled or grilled meat or any kind of light sandwiches.
Enjoy a good night sleep to rest for a new day full of adventure in the snow
Wake up to a lavish full English breakfast with live egg counter in the open sit-out area.
Post breakfast set out for a fun skiing experience in the powdery slopes of Narkanda with our local guide. We have qualified instructors for imparting training in skiing. Slide, slip, fall, bump into trees but end up having a lot of fun.
• Back to resort for Lunch by 1.30pm
• Lunch at V Resorts Narkanda is a great Indian fare where you’ll get to savour authentic Himachali cuisine like marchu, chilra, til chutney, auriya kadoo. Don’t forget to try the non-vegetarian Himachali dish luchi poti and to satiate your sweet cravings with mithdee. Other north Indian dishes served for lunch include Raajma Rice (Kidney beans gravy served with rice), Shahi Paneer (Cottage cheese prepared with Indian spices), mixed vegetable curry etc.
• Post lunch relax in the resort and enjoy some leisure games.
• Spend the evening relaxing beside a crackling bonfire sipping a glass of warm apple wine and savouring some smoky delights prepared in a live grill with some light music playing in the background.
• Continental Dinner and overnight at the resort.
Enjoy a relaxing breakfast in the open lawn with views of snow laden peaks.
Post breakfast set out for Day 2 skiing . On this day you may try new techniques and ski for a longer time. On your way back to the resort our guide will take you to visit the frozen Tani Jubbar lake.
Savour Indian flavours over lunch in the resort.
After adequate rest and relaxation, set out on a sightseeing tour to Kufri where you will get to visit the Himalayan Nature Park, Himalayan Aviary that houses mountain birds including Monal. In January, National Snow Statue Competition is also conducted in Kufri.
• Back to resort by sundown
• Evening bonfire & live grill with light music
• Continental dinner and overnight at the resort
• Post breakfast checkout from resort