IRCTC changes their rules for booking tickets very often. And with winter holidays right around the corner, travellers who want to take train journeys should know what’s up!
What’s the buzz?
IRCTC recently changed its tatkal and non-tatkal booking norms, which are updated on the website. Traveller will now need to create an account on the website www.irctc.co.in before making a booking.
What you should know?
- While non-tatkal tickets can be booked 120 days before the date of journey, tatkal tickets can be booked a day before
- A single user ID would only be able to book two tickets
- Tatkal bookings can be made between 10 AM – 12 PM
- AC classes tatkal tickets can be booked at 10 AM, whereas non-AC at 11 AM
- One can only book a maximum of 6 tickets from one user ID a month. The limit can exceed up to 12 tickets if the user ID is Aadhaar-verified
- To discourage the intervention of booking agents, Indian railways have barred them from booking tickets between 8 AM – 8:30 AM, 10 AM – 10:30 AM and 11 AM – 11:30 AM. However, Aadhar card is mandatory for registration of agents.
What do we think?
Indian railways – trains and services, are rapidly transforming making it easier for travellers to register and further book tickets through the website. We hope these latest norms will encourage people to travel more across the country.